Monday, July 14, 2008

First Letter!

We received a letter from Chase today!!
He wrote this letter on the evening of his first day.

His first day was "pretty interesting and eventful".

He says he has "been looking forward to starting his mission", "excited to experience the things that his dad and brothers have experienced."

He has seen at least 6 people that he knew from his BYU ward, in particular he mentioned Glen Cummings. He said it was "really nice to talk to all my old friends again and to know they were going through the same thing".

"Someone else from my ward is on my floor too and he is going to be serving in Arcadia, CA speaking Spanish. He'll be leaving pretty soon. His name is Elder Polanco.

"It has been a really good day. Everyone is very nice and understanding. This whole campus feels very spiritual, almost like temple grounds. I am really excited to wake up tomorrow and start learning and working. I have also been asked to be the district leader. (There are no callings here, they just ask you if you will accept the responsibility to be a District Leader or whatever."

"I liked our drop-off situation. Skipping that movie made it a lot easier. They just sat me by other elders that were alone and we left right when the movie ended. It was not too sad."

No comments: