Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Received Aug 26, 2008

As you'll see, today's letter is mostly directed to his family members, not too much information on what he is doing, only that he continues to work hard and is very excited to get to TX.

Here is his letter:

I think I just finished my 7th week here at the MTC. I've only got 2 weeks left. We are probably going to get our flight plans this week...I'm way excited.

This week has gone by so fast. Everyone says the last 3 weeks here go by really fast and its definitely true so far.

Ok so I've been wanting to send home a hand-written letter where I write back to everyone individually, but I never have time and I'm definitely not going to have time today, so I'm going to do that here.

Steven: I just got your dear elder yesterday...it was awesome. It made me laugh out loud a lot of times, just remembering all the things we use to do back at home. Like owning noobs on the internet all day and trying to take over Utopia kingdoms. That..is..the..life. It reminded me of how I use to play starcraft under my "IBackstabNoobs" name and backstab all the people trying to get free wins in compstomps. Haha...good times.

Zak: So I hear you are pretty much dominating without much competition anymore. That's ok...just wait until fantasy football starts and we will see who is dominating without any competition then. Just kidding, I know you're in control of my team right now, so you I guess you will get some of the credit for when I dominate. Two-a-days definitely don't sound fun either. After you get done with them you'll probably be pretty happy though. You'll probably be in amazing shape too. By the way, you need to keep me updated on the world of NFL.

Christopher: Sounds like you are workin hard as always. That GMAT test sounds like one beast of a test. At least you're done with that now. So you're going to finish up your last credits this next semester and begin your grad school stuff? Are you still going to be the IT manager guy? Good call on getting up to BYU before the first football game. I'm definitely going to miss that. Let me know how they do. I'm sure I'll be able to hear the announcers and all the cheering. You can see the stadium from here on campus and we hear when they're doing events and stuff there. I also thought the story about how you hadn't shaved for weeks was hilarious. I think when I get back, me you and Steven should boycott shaving together to see what kind of reaction we get out of brother green.

Quinn: Happy birthday! You just turned 13 right? And...you're going into 7th grade right? I think every teacher I had for 7th grade has either retired or changed jobs or got fired. How are the pull ups coming along? I haven't done any in forever...you are probably going to be able to do more than me soon. You are going to play flag football too right? That's awesome...I wish I did that. They don't let us play football here at the MTC.

Kylie: Kylie, Mom told me you're doing diving lessons! I'm jealous. If I was at home I would have taken that class with you. I show off my atomic bomb splash and do a gainer. That's pretty impressive to do a back dive. I get scared to do those because I feel like I'll land on my back every time. So, you like to do swimming, soccer, softball, tennis...and that's all I can think of. That's a pretty good list though. I think the more sports you do the better.

Griffin: How's in goin G-MAN! It sounds like the Phinneus and Ferb episodes are pretty interesting. How do you like swimming lessons? You are lucky you get to go, I want to go swimming. Can I be in your swimming lessons class when I come back?

Dad: Work sounds like its going great. Every time I hear about the deals and things you're doing it makes me want to start doing the same thing more and more. I really excited to study business when I get back. Its always been kind of hard to really try hard in school when I feel like I'm just learning random things for no reason other than to just become smarter. When I take business classes I'll be learning them for a reason and that's because I'm honestly interested in it and I like to learn about those things. Oh yeah...I also think thought it was really funny how I knew about the new callings of everyone in our ward and I'm not even living over there anymore.

Mom: I have loved all of your letters. They always make me laugh and make the day better. I also love all the stories you tell. So how is the foot coming along now? You have a walking cast now don't you? Thanks for taking care of all my mission stuff for me. I'm really excited to get a new bike when I get to Texas. I think I'll prefer riding my bike to places instead of driving. Of course I say that now before I have experienced the humidity. I'm glad you decided to send that trench coat, I'm definitely going to need it. I've been told it doesn't get quite as cold as Utah, but it still gets pretty chilly and it rains allll the time. By the way, I think I like the idea of having everyone write a few sentences for me for FHE. Oh and don't worry about spelling and capitalization, I don't care much about it either. My spelling has gotten a lot worse anyway...I keep getting words confused with the Spanish spelling of things.

Ok I've got 3 minutes left!! I haven't seen Melanie Warner, but that's probably because the only thing I remember about her is that she's blonde....and she's not blonde anymore. Being a Zone Leader is not so bad at all. We have to take care of the whole sacrament meeting and priesthood meeting every week. We also take care of all the newbies(the new missionaries) and make sure they aren't totally lost. We do that new missionary orientation for them and give them tours. I kind of like doing this stuff now. Ok, I had better send this before it closes down my e-mail and I lose everyone. Thanks for all the letters! I miss you and love you all!!!

Chase

2 comments:

Nana said...

qtssbgRegarding the "not shaving". Forget about Jack Green - I wonder what kind of reaction you'll get from your grandmother - ME!! As of right now, I'm very proud of all the grandsons, well, most of them anyway.

Nana said...

Regarding the "not shaving". Forget about Jack Green - I wonder what kind of reaction you'll get from your grandmother - ME!! As of right now, I'm very proud of all the grandsons, well, most of them anyway.