Monday, May 10, 2010

Received Mon May 10, 2010

Dear Family,

Well I think were all pretty much up to date from our conversation last night. The only thing I can think of to report on is yesterday at church, we had an awesome Sunday. We finally had a lot of people come. Only one of them was an investigator, but we got 4 other good sized less active families to finally come back to church. We counted up 14 people who we invited who finally came. That really makes a huge difference in a small ward like the one we have. It made for a good Sunday. I think it got the bishop and everyone else excited too. Most of them left after the first hour, but it was still a huge step to see them in sacrament meeting. Hopefully we'll see them keep coming.

Our area is doing a lot better now too. We have found some pretty good people this week that were going to be able to go back and teach this week. The best part about it is that they live in houses as opposed to apartment complexes where literally every single other Hispanic person we've met live. So hopefully they are a little bit more stable and wont disappear one day and maybe they'll even have cars to be able to get themselves to church. One of those families is actually a part member family. We talked to the wife in the driveway 5-6 days ago and she told us how her husband actually got baptized in Mexico. We were all excited and went back one day to meet him and we were met by a man (her husband) who was not very happy and said nobody in that home has faith in God. We asked him some questions and got him thinking about everything and a lot about how he felt when he was getting taught by the missionaries and by the end of the conversation he liked us and he let us make a return appointment for the next day. So we taught him yesterday and it went pretty well. The mom was asleep though, so next time were going to try to teach them all.

Ok, about housing at BYU. I think the best choice is probably going to be to have Christopher and Steven just choose a place for me to live and I can always change it sometime later if I feel like it. How does it all work? Do you have to sign a lease for a certain amount of time or what? If I got signed up for a place this month, but found a different place to live when I got back, would I be able to change it? If not, would I be able to change it at the end of the semester? I really have no plans at all right now, so either way the best thing to do is probably to have CJ and ST find a place for me to live and sign me up for classes.

That's too bad Christopher has got such a bad sunburn. I've never felt the aloe vera thing before. I think I have put it on though..I don't remember very well what happened. I haven't gotten a sunburn for a looong long time. Lets just say I have a pretty bad farmer's tan. And a watch tan. And a collar tan on my neck. I am going to try not to get the bike helmet strap tan lines.

Ok that is all I can think of for this week. We are starting week 4 of the transfer...it is flying by fast. I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!

Love,
Chase

PS. Its true that the obedience stuff has helped a lot, but I was talking about the # of baptismal DATES we have not baptisms. Right now we are baptizing around 40 a month which is still about double what we use to be doing.

No comments: