Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Received Mon April 12, 2010

Dear Family,

Mom's letter was full of questions this week, so I'll start off by answering some of those questions. Yes I did get my Spanish Bible, which I was very excited about. I also did eat all the cookies and they did come whole and they were all delicious.

The Family's name who we live with is Seeley. We do laundry every P-day in their house. I do wash my sheets about every 3-4 weeks. I got cake and ice cream for my birthday and they got me cookie dough ice cream, which was a good choice. I actually got all that stuff on Sunday, the day before my birthday because they were going to be at work all day on Monday. The funny thing is that the Saylin's called on Sunday also to sing happy birthday. Somewhere in the mission information my birthday got put in as April 4th and I got that corrected at the beginning of my mission, but I guess the Saylin's got old information and thought my birthday was the 4th, so they called me and sang to me that day. I couldn't make myself tell them it was the wrong day, but it did give my companion and I a good laugh. It was nice of the Saylin's to do.
And Steven was right on...I always do put reese's peanut butter cups in my ice cream. That just made me crave some home made ice cream with reese peanut butter cups. That is good stuff.
That is also good to hear that everyone is reading with their free time. That is a good hobby to have and it is actually productive. I would definitely recommend Ender's Game as well. It is a really good book.

As far as my week, it has been good. We taught 21 lessons, and got our 10 OYM a day average, and we found several new people to teach. We extended 2 baptismal invitations. One of those people we extended a baptismal invitation to is named Morris Doolittle. This was our second time teaching him. He is an awesome guy. He is a rocket scientist for NASA and he is one of the top engineers in the nation, but he's very humble. It is nice to teach someone who can pick up and understand so quickly the things were teaching. I love teaching really educated people for the reason, because the gospel makes sense logically, then you can pray about it to confirm your answer, but it is so much easier when you can understand it all. His date is for May 8th.

Our teaching pool is pretty big right now, but we need to help some of these people take that step and progress to baptism. We have a couple different people that are really close, but it seems like whenever they are almost there (like a week or 2 away), something happens in their life and we lose contact with them for a while. Who knows, if everything falls into place at once we could have a bunch of baptisms all the sudden.

Next week we get the transfer call and I find out where I'm going to be (probably) for the rest of my mission. It is a weird feeling. I'm happy to go wherever. I could really end up pretty much anywhere. It is exciting.

I just sat here for a couple minutes and that's all I can think of to write about! In an e-mail to Steven a few weeks ago I asked him for some ideas of what to do on P-days, and of course one of the things he suggested was dodgeball. So, today we are having a zone activity and everyone is coming here to League City to play some dodgeball. It will be fun. The rest of the week is going to be really busy. We are going to go on like 3 exchanges and we have to do our Investigator Fireside this Sunday too. Being busy is definitely a good sign.

Oh, yeah and I still haven't gotten Dad's letter. We get mail out here in League City only once every couple of weeks, but we are going to get mail this week...tomorrow I think, so hopefully I'll get it tomorrow. Then I can read it and respond to it.

Ok, well I hope everyone has a good week! I love you all!

Love,
Chase

No comments: