Monday, February 23, 2009

Received Mon, Feb 23, 2009

Transfer news: I'm getting transferred!!! That's all I know until Wednesday when we have our transfer meeting and we find out who our companion will be and where our new area is. The only transfer meeting I've been to was right when I got into the mission and that one was way different because they had to condense it to give people time to evacuate. Apparently they give talks and and other meeting-type things then they say who's getting sent to each area and who their companions will be. That will be fun.

I'm really sad to have to leave all these people here, but I'm also excited to move on and start in a new area and get more experience. All I know is what its like in Galveston, so it will be fun to learn a new area and see what other places are like. So next week I'll be writing from some random place down here in Texas. Hopefully its Houston, we'll see. Who ever gets transferred here is going to be one lucky missionary though. We have like 4-6 people who are on the verge of being ready to be baptized. When me and Elder Pedersen first became companions we had 1 investigator and she was a crazy Indian lady who turned out to be schizophrenic or something. Now we have like 20-30 people who we have to visit. Its almost more than we can handle.

The thing I've learned about Galveston is that you can talk to tons of people a day and even get tons of them to let you come back at teach them. As a UTMB doctor in our ward put it, Galveston is kind of a safe haven for psychotic people. A lot of people here have something a little wrong with their heads. So we could probably get like 20-30 new investigators in a week if we really wanted too, but we'd have to eventually drop all of them. The task we have is to find the ones that are prepared. We've found a lot of them and even though some of them didn't accept the gospel right now, they felt the spirit and they wont ever be able to deny that and some day in the future the missionaries will cross their paths again and they'll remember those feelings and start taking the lessons again.

On Sunday all the full time missionaries, ward missionaries, and the ward mission leader sang Ye Elders of Israel in sacrament meeting. That was kind of fun. That's one of my favorite songs. I don't really mind singing in Sacrament meeting as long as there's at least a little group.

This week Mardi Gras has been going on, so its been pretty crazy here. Galveston Island is one of the big places to go for Mardi Gras. There are motor homes and campers parked all along Seawall. The only times where we have to be careful are on the weekends where they have a bunch of parades. On those days we've had to go back to our apartments early.

Ok, well that's about all of the new and excited news for this week. I'm going to e-mail Christopher and Steven now because I didn't get time last week. By the way, Zak and Kylie both owe me e-mails!!

Ohh, yeah, last week I went out to get some ice cream with Brother Jensen. That was pretty fun. We took a picture afterwards...I was going to send it in my e-mail today but I forgot to bring my flash drive.

Ok, well I love you all!! I'll talk to ya next week!

Love,
Chase

No comments: