Monday, February 2, 2009

Received Mon, Feb 2, 2009

Pretty much the only thing that happened this week is that I got sick. I'm not sure what it was, but I guess it was some kind of flu. I wasn't every nauseated though. I had a horrible headache, horrible backache, and a horrible sore throat. We didn't leave our apartment pretty much all week. I finally started to feel a little better on Saturday, then on Sunday my companion started getting sick. Hopefully he stays healthy so we can finally go out again. I'm going crazy! I'm still really weak, but I think that will leave when we finally get out and just start working and get back into normal life.

The other thing that happened was on Tuesday, Elder L. Tom Perry came and spoke to our mission. He is a very powerful speaker. In the room, on the front stands there were: All the stake presidents in our mission, two area seventies, president & sister Allred, and L. Tom Perry with his wife. There was a lot of power in that room. He came to try to "bring the fire back" to this area. He said that the Great Southwest has always been one of the highest baptising areas in America, but last year success in America fell flat.

So he talked about lots of different things, a lot of motivating things, then he challenged us to always teach at least 20 lessons under a roof every week. It doesn't matter if its to an investigator, less active, or active member, just as long as you make sure you teach at least 20 lessons under a roof. On average we probably teach like 17-20, so its not going to be a very big stretch for us. Elder Perry also went and spoke to the other two Houston missions earlier and gave them the same challenge. He also spoke to all the bishops, stake presidents, ward mission leaders, and ward missionaries and told them they need to give us names of people to visit if we cant get the 20 lessons on our own. Basically, he wants to make sure were teaching a bunch. It was a really good meeting though, even though my back was killing me the whole time.

He shook all of our hands before he started too, so that was nice. He's really tall. He called us all by name and said "how are you doing" or something as he shook our names, it was pretty neat.

I actually saw part of the super bowl because someone invited us over for a bbq last night and they had the game on. I didn't watch it that much of it, but it looked like an amazing game. I saw the part where Larry Fitzgerald caught a pass and burned everyone for a touchdown. It looked like the Cardinals were on fire. That's crazy how random teams can come out of nowhere and all the sudden be the best. I thought the Cardinals were going to win for a while...I actually kind of wanted them to make the comeback and win.

Oh yeah, about the journal. If you haven't already sent it, can you send it straight to Galveston? Otherwise it'll take 2+ weeks before I actually get it and I only have 3 pages left in my journal.

Ok, well I've got to get going. I'm glad everyone liked the pictures and the movies!

I love you all!

Wash your hands so you don't get sick...its not fun!

Love,
Chase

2 comments:

Nana said...

Chase, maybe you need to get a plastic bag of Spinach from the salad section of the grocery store.
It will look like a great lot but as it cooks it dwindles down to nothing. You can eat a whole package (I do). Your comp can get a bag, as well. Spinach is a great anti-oxidant. I hate to read about you getting sick so much. It hurts my heart. AND, you've got the washing hands right. Also, get a little bottle of hand purifier. You can put that right in your suit pocket. I love you, love you, love you!!

Nana said...

Don't boil the spinach any more than 3 MINUTES!!