Friday, January 23, 2009

Received (finally!) Fri Jan 23, 2009

I am sure everyone was wondering why I didn't e-mail this week, so I'll answer that question first. Monday was MLK day so all the libraries were closed and we had no place to e-mail. So, we planned on just e-mailing the next day. We forgot that we were going on exchanges that day, so we couldn't e-mail that day. Since we've just been so busy we haven't even been able to even stop by to e-mail home and let our families know whats goin on.

So that's whats goin on for me right now. I'm just going to wait to write a real e-mail home on Monday, but I wanted to let everyone know what's going on.

We have been really busy though, here's a couple of the things that are going on. We've got 4-6 pretty good investigators that are progressing so we are visiting them as much as possible. We're actually planning on giving out some baptismal dates in the next week or so. Then we've got like 15 other investigators who aren't progressing for whatever reason, so we need to stop by them and either drop them or get them progressing again.

We also have 10 focus families we try to visit weekly. Focus families are families that the ward/branch councils have chosen for us to focus on and visit weekly. They're usually recent converts or widows or people who just need some strengthening. We have 5 families from the ward and 5 from the branch. So we need to visit all of them every week.

Then the bishop and mission president have asked us to start going through the ward directory and trying to contact people and see if they even live on the island anymore (because they might have moved away because of the hurricane). We've also been challenged by the zone leaders to go through our area book and try to contact some old investigators.

SO...basically we're busy all of the time, which is a really good thing. That's all I've got for this week, but I'll be sure to write a good one on Monday.

I did get Christopher's wooden pen. I'm really amazed by it. I use it to write in my journal. That reminds me, I'm almost out of pages in my journal. I only have like 5 pages left, so I was wondering if you could send me another journal. I trust Mom's judgment on choosing a journal. I'm not picky at all about what it looks like or anything. I made a new year's resolution to write in my journal at least every other day. I've been doing pretty good, but I wont be able to write much longer if I have no more pages.

I'm sorry I couldn't e-mail sooner this week, but I love you all and miss everyone! I am also so happy and honored to be able to be a missionary. It's an amazing thing to be able to be a representative of Jesus Christ's church and I realize I'm only going to have two years to do this so I am working with all my heart might mind and strength. Ok, I'll be sure to write in a couple days!!!

Love,
Chase

No comments: