Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Received Mon, Nov 23, 2008

Dang it...I had just gotten done writing a big long e-mail when some error popped up and the computer just shut down. This week we decided to try to e-mail at Galveston community college. The only problem is there are only 2 computers and they are really slow. We'll probably just go to Texas City again next week.

But anyway...I'm just gonna try to sum up everything real quick as best as I can because I can't stay for very long. This week has been pretty good again. Kim is going to get baptized on November 30th...she just passed her baptismal interview a few days ago. Her Dad is the recent convert named Abraham, and he is going to get married to someone named Paulette. Paulette has been taking the lessons from missionaries where she lives in Dallas, but ever since they got engaged she's been down here a lot so we kept teaching her. She is going to get baptized hopefully on November 30th too. The plan is for Abraham and her to get married on the 29th then Kim and Paulette will both get baptized on the 30th. Kim asked me to baptize her, even though we really tried her to ask her dad to do it. She kept on insisting though and she said that we taught her, not her dad, so she wants one of us to do it. Abraham is just happy she is getting baptized and it doesn't make a difference to him who does it, as long as Kim is happy.

We are going to give a baptismal date to Angie (the crazy Lord of the Rings man's girlfriend) this week. We've talked to her several times without Max and we found out she is a really solid investigator and she has her own testimony of the church. She even said that whether or not her and Max stay together she is going to join the church. We're also planning on giving a date to Erica within the next week or so. So things are going pretty well.

Oh yeah...so today I wrote letters to Grandma and also Tony. As I was putting the stamps on the envelopes I noticed how I always have really girly stamps. At first I had hearts, now I have flowers. I am guessing this was not on purpose. It doesn't really bother me that much, but it made me laugh. And I also decided that whenever you send another package, I would like to have my shoes that I left at home and also my swishy pants. I don't really like wearing my nasty shoes that I've worn every day doing service. The swishy pants will also be good to sleep in when its freezing cold at night.

Ok, well I have to go now. Maybe I'll probably write a long e-mail next week because I'll have to include stuff from this week too. I think today were going to take the ferry over to Bolivar Island and just walk around there and see the destruction if there is any left. A couple weeks ago there were apparently alligators all over the island. There's always crazy rumors about Bolivar going around. People said they found human body parts in the alligators stomachs, I don't know how much I believe. But anyway, I love everyone and I'll talk to you next week!!

Love,
Chase

No comments: