Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Received Mon Nov 23, 2009

Dear Family,

Hmm...not a whole lot happened this week. We had our Zone Conference which was good as always. Then we had our stake correlation meeting afterwards which was okay. It started to turn into a finger pointing match and everyone started to get defensive. These meetings are always interesting.

Our 2 investigators are still set to get baptized on December 6th. They are both living with their boyfriend/girlfriends and we taught them the law of chastity a few weeks ago and challenged them to either separate or get married. Yesterday they told us they finally decided they are going to get married. We have taught them pretty much everything, so they are set for December 6th.

We have this other investigator named Roman. He is awesome. His wife drinks a lot and they recently separated (which is weird...usually its the man who is the drunk). Roman is friends with one of the members, which is how we met him. He lives with a bunch of other guys in an apartment. Well last week we were in the complex and we saw all those guys standing around outside drinking beer and I thought for sure we'd see Roman out there with them. Well Roman was out there and everyone was drinking beer, but Roman was standing out there drinking a coke instead. That is probably one of my favorite mental pictures I have of my whole mission: Roman standing around with all the other guys drinking his coke while everyone else is drinking their beers. Roman is also preparing to get baptized.

Last week Mom mentioned that song that talks about the Word of Wisdom, well we tried it out last week and sang it before teaching one of our word of wisdom lessons. We taught the Word of Wisdom 3-5 times last week. It is always interesting to see people's reactions.

In the mail last week I got a bag of chex mix from the Achievement days girls and me and my companion and every other missionary who has been in our apartment have been enjoying it.
This week is just going to be a normal week of missionary work. We are just going to have a normal dinner appointment and everything. Most hispanic people here don't celebrate Thanksgiving really, so it wont be too hard to find people to visit.

OK, now in response to Mom's e-mail. What the heck is a droid phone? I am glad Christopher fixed my computer...I would be very happy if it was still there when I got back. I think that's really strange how the monitor stopped working.

I loved seeing everyone's favorite teams. Those are some good teams. I think all the teams that I like are on there. My favorites in order of how much I like them are: Chargers, Saints, Colts, Steelers

Hmm...I started to make a Christmas list and I was going to bring it today but I forgot. I think all I've really thought of is that I need more pens, those pilot G-2 black and blue pens. And black socks...and other random stuff like tapioca pudding (the kind I always use to make), and beef jerky.

Well that's all I can think of for this week. Oh yeah, I got a padded envelope, so I can send home my memory card this week. There's lots of space left still so you don't need to delete any of the pictures. But do make sure you save them on the computer somewhere. I love you all and hope you have a good week!

Love,
Chase

No comments: