Sunday, November 1, 2009

Received Mon, Oct 26, 2009

Dear Family,

Well this week I don’t have a ton of stuff written down, but luckily Mom has provided me with a nice long list of questions/things to talk about.

First off, I am glad everyone is enjoying my iPod…I definitely had some good music on there. I think I have a workout playlist on there too that has crazier music to keep me entertained when I use to always go running. I don’t think I ever mentioned that the music rules got a lot stricter in the mission a month or 2 ago. We are now only allowed to listen to Mormon Tabernacle Choir, classical music, and EFY music. Usually we listen to motab in the morning, EFY in the car, and classical music on P-days and other times were in the apartment. I actually like classical music…it is the best workout music we have. Between my companion and I we have EFY CD’s 1999 to 2009. There are surprisingly a lot of really good songs on the newest EFY CD’s but I am definitely getting sick of hearing the same stuff over and over and over and over again. I just tell myself that I am going to really love and appreciate normal music when I can listen to it again.

Halloween: We haven’t gotten any direction yet. I’m sure we’ll just have a normal day. To be honest I doubt very many people are going to go out trick or treating around here. If I was a parent I definitely wouldn’t want my kids walking around at night time in this area. I will have to report next week what happens though.

I’m pretty sure I know Elder Barrow’s grandpa. He is a crazy old man named Wiley Barrow. He is in one of the 3 Sugar Land wards. I did service with him during the hurricane. With him, we patched up peoples roofs. They told us to be really careful if we were going to be on roofs and to try to stay away from steep roofs and 2 story houses. Well all the houses he took us to were really tall 2 story houses and they were all really steep. It was probably my most fun day of service though.

ACT: The second time taking the ACT is always better. I don’t remember where I got it from…but I got a practice test and I took that a week before I took the real thing. I think they had it in the office at the high school or something. All the counselors there are absolutely oblivious to the ACT, but I think they do have a stack of practice tests you can take. I also did like all of the practice questions they have online. That helped me out a lot.

Dads talk: I actually shared the same story about Captain Moroni 2-3 times this week. The wars chapters of the Book of Mormon are my favorite part of the whole thing and Captain Moroni is my favorite one to read about.

AHS Soccer: Quinn that is too bad about not making it onto the team, but its also no big deal. The same thing happened to me and Christopher. I will tell you one thing though, I wish that I had tried out for the track team as well. I would have loved to do the 100m dash and the long jump and maybe the high jump. If you like to do any of that stuff I would definitely do that…it would be fun.

Swine Flu: We haven’t gotten any direction on the swine flu as far as the vaccine, but at our last zone conference the Saylin’s bought a ton of those little hand sanitizer bottles and have them to us and told us to use them all throughout the day. They’ve told us to be careful and wash our hands a lot. A couple weeks ago when I got sick I don’t know what it was but I had all the symptoms of the swine flu. So maybe I already got it, I don’t know. I survived and I’m fine now, so I’m not worried about it. I actually worked every day I was sick too.

Yes I got the 1001 pitfalls book and I read it every morning as I eat my cereal and during lunch too. It is a good book. I also found this picture dictionary we have in our apartment. It takes a scene like a grocery store and it has definitions of allll the things you can find in a grocery store. So its like you study the vocab by topic which I have been loving too.

I actually just got an e-mail from Tony today. He got to Argentina a few weeks ago (he had a little Visa delay). His companion is from Buenos Aires and has a thick Argentine accent, so he can barely understand him. He says everyone talks fast and with that accent so they are hard to understand, but he says its getting better every day.

Ok I am just about out of time. This week has been a good one though. We had 10 people at church yesterday. We are teaching a bunch of really good people are I don’t doubt are going to get baptized in the near future. This is our last week of the transfer so we will get the transfer call next week. There is not much of a chance either of us will get transferred and I definitely hope we both stay. Its pretty certain that I’m going to kill him off, as we say in the mission. Hes only got like 2 transfers left…he goes home January 23 or something.

Oh yeah, and about that thing we need to send to the Burtons, I am planning on writing that little paragraph today and I’ll just send it in the mail, then Mom maybe you could type it up and e-mail it to Sister Burton along with those 2 pictures. I’ll probably just send you the letter that she sent to me that has all her information and a description of what exactly it is.

Ok, have a good week! I love you all!

Chase

No comments: