Friday, May 15, 2009

Received Monday, May 11, 2009

Wow Mom, that was a pretty good e-mail considering we just barely talked on the phone yesterday.

The heat here is getting pretty bad. Every day is supposed to be 88-90ish degrees throughout this next week. I’m going to leave my watch on every day and see how bad of a watch tan I can get. I can never manage to get one, I think it slides around too much. I can see the faint outline of my watch on my wrist already, so maybe I’ll be successful this summer.

Here’s the story about a lady named Maria Solorzano. You might remember that about a month or 2 ago me and my companion went biking in the pouring rain. My companion’s pedal was about to fall off and we needed an allen wrench to fix it, so we were trying to think of a member nearby. My companion remembered an address of a convert that lived just around the corner. Neither of us knew anything about her, and Elder Taufa had just happened to see her address earlier that day. Well when we knock on the door a lady answers and she told us that her daughter joined the church a few years ago and now she’s at BYU-Idaho. She was really nice to us, so we went back a week later and we found out that she is going through some really difficult times (I might have told you some of this already in past e-mails). We shared scriptures, and gave her a blessing and gave her a lot of advice. Well, for the past 10 days she’s been in the hospital because her depression got so bad that it could have become fatal. While in the hospital she thought a lot about everything we talked to her about, and about how she felt. Last evening we visited her (she’s back home now) and she said her daughter just got engaged to a member, and they plan on getting married in the temple. She wants to be a part of it and she knows that she this church is the right place for her. Shes seen miracles happen in her daughters lives and she always gets a good comforting feeling when missionaries or members of the church come by. So she committed herself to come to church next week and she wants to start taking the lessons and hopefully get baptized. That was really exciting because we have been praying a lot for her. I can't say I expected this to happen though.

In other news, I heard a week or 2 ago that the gay guy named Ryan that we were teaching in Galveston now has a baptismal date. That is pretty amazing and a huge change to make.

Nope, I haven’t gotten the spaghetti letter yet, but I’m sure its sitting in the mission office, so I’ll get it on Friday.

Ok, well that's about all for this week. It was fun talking on the phone yesterday. Have a good week, I love you!!!

Love,
Chase

No comments: